Monday, March 14, 2011

Capulana

So Seth has been super excited about baby Ella and its so adorable. I love it. Last night he was talking about carrying her with him in a sling. After practicing with the blanket he remembered he had brought some authentic ones back home from Africa. In Africa the sling is called a "capulana". Good thing Diesel is a good sport because Seth wanted to practice.
And today he is in the process of hand crafting and sewing his own "capulana". He wants it to have a burlap outside with a soft and girlie lining. Its looking interesting now but I know it will be pretty cool when its done.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Jess,
I've been following your blog since I came across it through Seth (I went to youth group with him back in Melbourne). I've really enjoyed reading about your journey! Congratulations on little Ella Rose... what a beautiful name! Just wanted to say hi. :)

The W. D's said...

Hi Jess! Okay, another old friend of Seth's. Love your blog! Many congrats on the baby girl! Girls are amazing to have 1st!! I'm due just about 1 week before you (I think...I'm due August 6th). Anyways, I also keep a blog if you are bored and ever feel like checking it out: http://weserind.blogspot.com My pregnancy isn't nearly as exciting as yours since I'm already on stinkin' bedrest, but it's all there for the reading if you'd like. :-) CONGRATS again to you both!