Sunday, September 28, 2008

September 1985








September 1985...
The titanic was found...Pete Rose gets his 4, 192nd career base hit, breaking Ty Cobbs record which stood for over 60 years...The Super Mario Bros. video game was released by Nintendo..
and I was born!!! In a small Army General Hospital in Stuutguart, Germany...My parents favorite story, the day their first girl was born. Its a sweet story. It wasnt until this year that I really have thought about it how cool that is to be the first girl. Especially being married now, you find yourselves having those "what about kids?" conversations for real. Weird. Well, its the first time I have had a birthday where I didn't exactly make dinner reservations for fifteen to twenty or arrange for a big celebration at our house. It was just me and my wonderful husband. Seth, did a wonderful job making it special though. I woke up to fresh baked cinnamon rolls, fresh cup of coffee, a fun spiderman theme decorated dining room...table cloth, streamers, masks, the whole shebang. And fresh red roses...they matched. It was super cute. Then him and I took a trip to Cypress Gardens where we paddled a canoe around the swamp. It was really pretty. Yup, its the same swamp The Notebook was filmed...you know the scene where they are on the water in the boat and it starts pouring rain...and they...well you know, the incredibly romantic scene. It was close to that. =) There was a butterfly garden too. We had fun. Then that night we got dressed up and went downtown. We ended up just doing the appetizer hopping thing but it was so fun. We started at this really awesome place called the Rooftop Pavillion. It was a very classy place on the roof of a ritzy hotel and it overlooked the river, it was beautiful. Then we walked around some more. We had a lot of fun together. I can't believe how much has happened in the last year of my life...my nephew Cole was born, I got engaged, I graduated college, I got married, I moved to a new state, I am now a Registered Nurse, I have a new puppy and a husband...its been a crazy year, a lot of change, but it's been a really great ride. I do miss my family and friends very much though! I love you all! I think about you everyday!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I want to see your new hair :)