Wednesday, January 26, 2011

12 Weeks!

We are now 12 weeks and finally almost done with this adventure of a first trimester. Its getting more and more exciting everyday, especially as the nausea and exhaustion is finally starting to slow down, just a touch. I even have started to have a little baby bump, either its that or the purely macaroni and cheese diet I lived off for two weeks straight when nothing else was tolerable. ha. Either way, its fun =) The other night at work I was finished eating my lunch at around 0300 am, since that's when you eat on this crazy night shift schedule. I had a fruit by the foot, (remember those from packing lunches back in elementary school, I love them ha) that I wanted to save for a little bit later, like a pick me up around 0500 am. Well when I went to get it out of the drawer I put it in, it was gone and I said "Who ate my fruit by the foot?" and one of the nurses turned to the other and said "Chris, I told you not to eat that...I told him I was just kidding its totally fine. Then the girl turned again and said "you just stole food from a pregnant girl, that was for her baby." He suddenly was so serious and apologetic and said "I am so sorry I stole food from your baby, now its my fault if the baby is malnourished." We all started laughing, but he kept apologizing and now we just tease about it everyday. Silly boys and their awkwardness around pregnant girls. =)

No comments: